11/04/2012

Solange Knowles - Fashion Inspiration


I loooove Solange Knowles and the way she dressed, theres just something that very effectlessly chic about her. I also love the fact that shes not afraid to be different and dearing. She'll wear tribal prints, block colours and other wonder clothes which is I consider rare to see black oops Afr-Caribbean celebraties do. I have been looking back at her fashion evulation and it matches mine in a way. When she relaxed her hair her style was very what I'd call 'contemporary' or safe. And if i'm honest because of that she was almost her sisters shadow refered to as 'Beyonce sister' all the time when she had her own talents.
However after the BC (the Big Chop to those lacking in natural hair knowledge) she turned into a fashion butterfly and flew out of her big sisters shadow and came into her own spot light which i love! I think its the effect of natural hair, it reminds you of where you come from, the struggle of those before you and dares you to be different to take risks, thats because having natural hair now days is very daring inspite of natural hair being what it says natural that grows out of black womens heads and goes onto being drowned in chemicals until its un-natural and straight.. But thats a rant for a different entry I think.
For me Solange is an Inspiration her and my mother are the reasons why I decided to go back to stop punishing my hair and go natural, mainly because she just rocked it and that got me to ask myself why can't I? Looking at her and the way she carries herself with a sense of enthic #swag, just inspires me to remember my roots and that fashion is more about expressing who you are than following what magzines say. Lets be honest with each other her if you followed everything that magzines say is 'in style' then what does that say about you? Solange Knowles I solute you for being a fearless woman, and look to you as my Fashion Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment